What's new

Qapla'!

Please sign up to post and contribute to this forum.

Space Engineers - Official Persistent Anti-Trekker Server - How to join server and play

BirdOPrey5

Webmaster
Staff member
Red Shirt

IMPORTANT- Last Updated 13 September 2019.

Qapla' all.

If anyone is interested in the game Space Engineers (available on stream) feel free to check out and play on Anti-Trekker's own server, maintained by @Wesley Crusher and @Sinnabun. This server is a dedicated server located in Anti-Trekker's house however he has a seperate Steam account for it so his usual Ant-Trekker steam account is not an administrator on the server.

How to join and play:

First you must friend this account on Stream: Steam Community :: Anti_Server

Anti-Trekker will need to approve you before you can connect to the server. Once he does you can search in games for "Caroga" and it will be called "The Battle for Sol" and Server Name - Caroga v. Turdistan. There may be other Carogas visible which were likely old servers, they can be ignored.

If you have trouble searching direct connect to: 45.18.160.134:27016

To go to Direct Connect choose "Join Game" and choose "Direct Connect" at the bottom. Enter 45.18.160.134 as the IP address and 27016 as the port number.

No matter which way you connect you will be asked for a password. This password will change from time to time. It will be updated here when it does.

Password when prompted is: cvt

If you get an error make sure Anti-Trekker has accepted your friend request at: Steam Community :: Anti_Server

New server has max speed 350 m/s and several mods installed. If you are a Space Engineers veteran things may work a little different than you are used to. Check out the Mods Thread for more details on specific mods installed.

---

Playing the Game-

After you connect you will be given choices of where to start... An "Earth like drop pod" will put you on Earth which is Caroga territory, though there are other factions. The Alien Planet is Turdistan territory and it is very far away from Earth. Earth is the easiest starting point for new players but the Alien Planet isn't much harder.

After joining the game, if landing on a planet, immediately hit the K button on your keyboard to open up the ship control panel/ Highlight the "Parachute" in your list and on the settings side scroll down to Deploy and press the "Open" button. Due to the speed mod being installed you must deploy the parachute early else you will likely be killed on impact with the ground. If you are not killed but your drop pod is wrecked upon entering the game contact one of the administrators and they can help you get working drop pod to start.

The other option is to join an established faction. I rule Caroga, the most glorious, but not the most advanced, faction in the game. Anti-Trekker rules over smelly Turdistan. Turds are the arch-enemy of Carogans. There are also various other factions setup. Joining a faction will give you access to ready made bases and perhaps other goodies. If you join a faction you must be loyal to it- no spies. You can leave a faction if you hate it but don't expect Caroga to accept Turdistani defectors or vice-versa.

You can also try going alone and creating your own faction. Factions can be setup and changed by pressing the K button and choosing the Factions tab. You must leave whatever current faction you are in before you can join a different faction.

If you start your own faction you may ally with (propose peace) with either Caroga or Turdistan but not both.

We expect everyone to play honorably. Do not even attempt to cheat, do not take advantage of exploits should one be found. Otherwise have fun.

A great intro on how to play the game is here:

Note the same youtuber has additional tutorials beyond this one as well.

We invite you to join the game!

---

Please note- any posts below this first post made before the "Last Updated" date at the top are likely out of date an no longer contain relevant information. If reading this thread for the first time skip ahead to posts made on or after the "Last Updated" date.

Last edited:

BirdOPrey5

Webmaster
Staff member
Red Shirt
Yes they are upgrading it and getting ready for today's space battle.

BirdOPrey5

Webmaster
Staff member
Red Shirt
It seems up now but the usual world is not in place, don't worry, it will be back after the battle today, they saved it.

Tburg Scififan

Ok, you have me officially hooked and on zero sleep. You know they have swivels in the game. Who's going to build the "disco died" rocket boot action starship? Also Klingon variable wing geometery! Gotta look at pc upgrade! Long live Turdistan!

BirdOPrey5

Webmaster
Staff member
Red Shirt
First you must friend this account on Stream: Steam Community :: Anti_Server

Anti-Trekker will need to approve you before you can connect to the server. Once he does you can search in games for "Caroga" and it will be the Caroga that is not the current one. Server name is: Caroga vs. Turdistan, game name is "Battle for Sol."

Or direct connect to: 45.18.160.134:27016

To go to Direct Connect choose "Join Game" and choose "Direct Connect" at the bottom. Enter 45.18.160.134 as the IP address and 27016 as the port number.

Password when prompted is: cvt

If you get an error make sure Anti-Trekker has accepted your friend request at: Steam Community :: Anti_Server

Sinnbun and Wesley can help you copy over stuff from the old server. Please Try to get your stuff as close together as possible... Get the GPS of the stuff to be moved to them. This may take several days.

WARNING- New server has max speed 350 m/s.

Last edited:

Azean

Thanks Bird, have moved all my stuff together and sent AT the friend request, will be there soon so we can crush the evil Turds!

Tburg Scififan

Thanks Bird. Sadly my plan to pillage your base before Sinnabun copied my base failed epically.. but I saw your ship... and i left a aerial brown stain all the way back to my base. Good luck on the flipside! You got more lasers than an 90's rave party.

BirdOPrey5

Webmaster
Staff member
Red Shirt
Thanks Bird. Sadly my plan to pillage your base before Sinnabun copied my base failed epically.. but I saw your ship... and i left a aerial brown stain all the way back to my base. Good luck on the flipside! You got more lasers than an 90's rave party.
To be honest pillaging isn't going to be useful in this new game...

Important info for everyone-

The new server has different mods which totally change how the game works. Here are changes I have noticed:

1) Block Progression is turned on which means you need to build certain blocks before more advanced blocks get unlocked. It's not really a big deal but be aware of it, you may not be able to build or repair something your teammate makes. The best way around this is to build your own small base from your drop pod... You get through the advancements pretty quickly.

2) Mods change the fundamentals of the game. 1) Stone will still give iron, silicon, and nickel when put in a survival kit. However refineries will only produce gravel, uranium, and ice from stone. This is ideal because.... You now want to build a "Laser Drill Platform" which you just point down at the ground. Connect it via conveyor to your refineries and assemblers. The laser drill platform can now produce (in the "Production" menu) any standard in-game ore... Iron, Magnesium, Ice, Gold, Platinum, even Uranium, All it needs is gravel which yoru refineries will make from basic stone. This gives you virtually unlimited resources pretty early in the game. It is easier to just build your own stuff than grind down other people's stuff. Actual mining (beyond iron early in the game) is now useless except for exotic minerals like Naquida introduced with Stargate Mod.

3) Please use Lasers for defense and offensive weapons when possible over guns and missiles. They generally have a longer range, only need power (rather than ammo) and most importantly, use a lot less server resources. So a ship full of lasers is much easier for the game to render than a ship full of gatling guns. Also since your enemies will have lasers that can shoot 2 to 3 times the distance as guns you might as well use the same weapons.

4) If you get disconnected unexpectedly not all hope is lost. If you can reconnect within a few minutes your character (and inventory) will usually be there waiting for you, at least that has been my experience over the past couple days.

5) Very Important- Max speed in now 350 m/s for your jetpack and small ships and 300 m/s for large grid ships. When dropping into the Earth-like planet you need to deploy your parachute manually by pressing "K" choosing Parachute from the list, and pressing "Open" down under Deployment options. If you do this quickly it will take a while to land but if you wait too long you may hit the ground too fast and either die or vital parts of the drop bod will be destroyed on landing.

Tburg Scififan

I also see my style pack dlc isn't active. No digital camo for me. thanks for the drill tip.

BirdOPrey5

Webmaster
Staff member
Red Shirt
Be aware stuff copied into the game might not retrain the old premium stylings but you should definitely be able to repaint it once you are in the game. I had to repaint the "Bird's Nest" to gold.

Azean

Thanks for the post, does that mean that with the laser weapons mod that missiles and guns are obsolete? Not sure of their relative power to each other and I wonder as the ship I designed was built with conveyor systems to provide ammo for the weapons, if they are obsolete then i can refit it for more lasers and do something different with the free space, like more drive systems now that cargo is 10x bigger lol

Also while I'm here, where do we find Naquida?

Fleet Admiral
Azean al the stargae ores are found on asteroids....its is as rare as uranium used to be.

Bird on #6: If a drop pod is destroyed on landing I can come spawn in a new one since if the survival kit is destroyed on landing youre totally screwed. I have a copy of the normal drop pod, space pod, and moon rover

Azean

Thanks Sinna, just as I was wondering what to do with my asteroid miner

Top Bottom